A knowledgeable and accomplished Software Engineer, with a talent for problem‐solving, specializing in the full life‐cycle design and development of both front‐end and back‐end Web‐Based Applications, including requirements gathering, architecting, implementation, and maintenance.
Summary of Qualifications
- Considerable expertise in .Net 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0 language development, with SQL Server 2005 and 2008 as back‐end data storage tools.
- Strong knowledge of cutting‐edge tools for use in development, particularly .Net MVC, LINQ, WCF and jQuery.
- Known to create quality applications, progressing through the life‐cycle of development from problemstatement to full implementation, including testing and well‐documented designs.
- Described as a “good man to have in a storm”, possessing to ability to be flexible in a constantly changing and complicated development environment, able to utilize resources and other team members to maximize productivity in solving the problem at hand.
|Frameworks:||.Net 1.1/2.0/3.5/4.0, .Net MVC 1.0/2.0, WCF, WPF, jQuery, J2EE, Ruby on Rails|
|APIs & Tools::||Castle Windsor, LINQ Predicate Builder, Swing, Telerik, Infragistics, Zen Coding, Configuration Section Designer, SOAP UI, Reflector, Adobe Kuler|
|Concepts:||Ajax, JSON, Test‐driven Development (Unit and System Testing), Object‐Oriented Architecture/Design (Design Patterns, Refactoring, Polymorphism, Extensibility), CIE/HIE (Clinical Information Exchange), SOAP, Portal/Portlet Development, Service‐Oriented Architecture|
|Software:||Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008/2010, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Notepad++, Eclipse, Word, Excel, Visio, SQL Server Management Studio, IIS 6/7|
|Systems:||Windows XP/7, Windows Server 2003/2008, Ubuntu Linux, Unix|
|Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA|
|Software Engineer||2007 ‐ Present|
- Many projects that utilized GE’s Clinical Information Exchange (CIE), including, a fully functioning set of WCF web services, based on IHE ITI 7.0 standards, meant to consume and insert data from and to the CIE, which for use by in‐network applications servicing BMC and its CHCs.
- An immunization tallying and tracking application, VaxViewer, utilizing the CIE for data, meant to be accessible in all of BMC’s EMR solutions, SCM, Centricity, and Ibex, as well as all CHC’s with minimal configuration changes.
- Developed “Proof of Concept” application to demonstrate the use of .Net/jQuery/Ajax technologies as viable portal development tools, for future use as a Physician Portal, utilizing the CIE as a data‐backend, and sporting “iTunes‐like” searching and drag‐and‐drop portlet functionality.
- A tracking and assignment application, CoCare, meant to be used by nurses, physicians, radiologists, and lab techs to track the locations, assignments, and various laboratory and radiological results of patients around the hospital, with paging services integrated for easy communications between clinicians.
- A rewrite of BMC’s Online Benefits application, originally written in .Net 1.0 and utilizing direct SAP ABAP calls for back‐end data; rewritten in .Net 4.0 with a back‐end of WCF‐service interactions to SAP and with an effort to make updates to the application front‐end more maintenance‐friendly given the constantly changing requirements of health benefits.
|Control Module Inc., Enfield, CT|
|Software Engineer||2005 – 2007|
|Primary responsibilities included the implementation and maintenance of front‐end software for HR clock management software. These applications were written in a variety of languages such as: Microsoft Visual Basic, C/C++, Java, and In‐ House languages. Hands‐on involvement in development of software spanned initial design to full implementation. Position also included working with customers to set‐up projects on and off‐site and troubleshooting issues as they occur before and after implementation.|
- Created a front‐end UI for end‐users to manage the configuration settings of their time clocks, as well as a backend utility to transfer those settings to the clocks, through PS/2 and Ethernet connections.
- Maintained and refactored existing utilities and UI code written in Visual Basic and C on an AIX Unix system.
- Debugged and upgraded a customer’s codebase off‐site.
|McGowan Consulting Group, Sheldon, CT|
|Primary responsibilities included reviewing testing scripts, general software, and documentation for typographical errors, as well as double‐checking documentation and design specifications formatting.|
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
B.S. in Computer and Systems Engineering, December 2004